Thursday, September 10, 2009

ICE in August

Norah and Justin have discovered an incredibly exciting new part of our world. We have been without an ice maker since before Justin was born, well before Norah seemed so aware of EVERYTHING going on around her. I had told Heather that all I wanted for my birthday was an ice maker. Mom overheard this and decided I would get my birthday present when it would be most appreciated, while it was still unmercifully hot outside.

With order restored in the appliance world, we set the table and I prepared to have my first glass of iced tea at home in months. Norah's finger shot out to the limits of her reach and pointed at my glass to ask "Wussat?!" We were shocked that such a mundane thing elicited such a flurry of questions and curiosity. She demanded to have some immediately and was grinning from ear to ear as she enjoyed the novelty.

If I was excited about ice, Norah was ecstatic. Ever since I constantly hear "Daddy, I want water- with ice!" If only we were so easily entertained.

No comments: